The route of 21 kms , passing through the following points:
PLAZA MAYOR OF LLANÇÀ – CHAPEL OF SAN GENÍS DEL TERRER – CHAPEL OF SAN SILVESTRE – MAS GUANTER – PUIG D’ESQUERS – MAS PATIRAS – PUIG TIFELL – PUIG DE LES AIGUES – PUIG SOCARRADOR – PORT LLANÇÀ – PLAZA MAYOR .
Track de la Mitja: http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=5816012
- We left the Plaça Major of Llançà at 9 am ( runners and walkers ) to Street Nicolás Salmerón , turn down to street Dolores Falco and then we passed the CAP. Cross the road and continue along the river west to reach the concrete plant where we passed under the bridge railway (of ADIF – Renfe ) . Continued throughout the course of the stream following the marks of PR (yellow ) towards the hermitage of Sant Genis del Terrer . Once in Terrer , we address the Coll de les Portes where First control is located
- We go towards Sant Silvestrewe take the road , until we see the chapel . We found a trail (GR 11) leads us down , directly to San Silvestre. Second control where liquids are supplied.
- At this point, passing the new wooden bridge , we find a path to the right (PR ) we have to follow the river (careful because we can find water and have to pass through the river at different times points and some time with difficulty) . We will arrive at Mas de Baix, there we left right and , later, the hunters. We will continue straight until reaching a 1.5 km down the path. From this point take
a footpath that climbs steeply up to San Martin de Vallmala where we will find the Third control where liquids and solid food are supplied.
- Follow the track that goes up PUIG DE ESQUER ( alt. 606.3 m) , where we find the Fourth Control – liquid refreshment .
- We went down towards Mas Patiras , following the yellow marks, on the steep slope to reach at the end the Fifth control .
- From this , we took the Puig del Llop ( alt. 452 m.) And we continue to address Puig Tifell ( alt. 408 m) where we find the Sixth Control .
- Following the marks set by UEL and PR marks , we continue to Serra del Socarrador (Pico de les Aigues high . 332 mts , Puig de la Illa . 223 mts ) . Following the PR going downhill direction the new plant for water treatment where we follow the river to find the road from Figueres-PortBou. Seventh Control.
- Continue along the Avenida Mistral and the small bridge that crosses the stream where we found a sandy path ( path orchards behind the restaurant La Vela ) . We follow the road that allows us to return to the Plaza Major de Llançà , end of the race. ( Eighth control and finnish)
SIGNALISATION by yellow tape and white marks on path ground.
|0||Start||Pl. Major||0 Km||–|
|1||Control Líquids||Coll de les Portes||4,6 Km||10:30|
|2||Control Líquids||Sant Silvestre||6,3 Km||11:00|
|3||Control Liquids, Solids.||St Marti de Vallmala||10,7 Km||12:15|
|4||Control, Líquids||Puig d’Esquers||12 Km||13:00|
|5||Control, Líquid||Mas Patiras||13,6 Km||13:15|
|6||Control, Líquids||Puig Tifell||14,3 Km||13:45|
|7||Control, Líquid||Pl. Carles Sabater||19,3 Km||14:45|
|8||Arrival.||Pl. Major||21,0 Km||15:00|
(*) In case of “tramuntana” wind the position of control of Puig d’Esquer could be modified.